Banana bread is so delicious, easy to make and healthy! I love making a batch so that me and my partner have something yummy ready for breakfast in the morning, or as a snack before going climbing.
I usually make it with spelt flour, but a student asked me if I have a gluten free version, and the answer is yes!
This one uses rice and buckwheat flour.
Happy baking and don't forget to tag me with your result on Instagram!
6tbsp melted coconut oil
4tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
5 very ripe bananas
1C buckwheat flour
1C rice flour
1t baking powder
1t baking soda
1/2 t ginger
pinch of salt
hand full of dates
hand full of cacao nibs
- Pre-heat oven on 180 degrees celcius
- Prepare your mold by spreading some coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Blend together: banana, coconut oil, coconut sugar, mylk
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl (buckwheat flour, rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices)
- Pour the banana smootie into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add pieces of date and cacao nibs. (Be creative here and add any nuts or dried fruits you like!)
- Scoop portions of the batter into your (muffin) mold.
- Sprinkle some cacao nibs on top of the portions.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
They are delicious just out of the oven!
For the next day, keep them in an airtight container. They will last a few days, but trust me, you would have already finished them by then!